Scary EARTHQUAKE Footage Compilation From Around The World
- 🎬 Video
- ℹ️ Description
This disastrous event happened on June 21, 1990 and caused widespread damage within 100 kilometers of the epicenter’s radius near the city of Rashi, and about 200 kilometer northwest of Tehran. It destroyed 700 villages across the cities of Rudbar, Manjiil, and Lushan and cost $200,000,000 in damages, including 40,000 fatalities, 60,000 injured and 500,000 people homeless.
This was a 7.9-magnitude earthquake that struck northern Turkey on August 17, 1990, which lasted for only 3.7 seconds. The city of Izmit was very badly damaged and had a death toll of 17,127 and 43, 959 injured though other sources suggested that the actual figure for fatalities may be closer to 45,000 with a similar number of injured. Another report from September 1999 showed that the earthquake had destroyed 120,000 poorly-engineered houses, heavily damaged 50,000 houses; caused 2,000 buildings to collapse while 4,000 other buildings left severely damaged, and made more than 300,000 people homeless.
This 8.6 magnitude earthquake that occurred on September 20, 1498, off the coast of Nankia, Japan triggered a large tsunami, which cost the lives of between 26,000 and 31,000 people. It caused severe shaking that reached the Boso Peninsula and also caused a tsunami in the Suruga Bay, which destroyed the building that housed the statue of the Great Buddha at Kotuku-in.
Nepal Earthquake (between Kathmandu and the city of Pokhara)
A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal in an area between the capital, Kathmandu, and the city of Pokhara on Saturday April 25, 2015 with what has been described as a force equaling that of 20 thermonuclear weapons. The devastation claimed the lives of at least 5,000 people while injuring 10,000 more with authorities warning that casualty numbers could rise. The devastating quake also destroyed major monuments such as the Dharahara tower, temples and world heritage sites near Kathmandu.
20 Largest Earthquakes in the World
1. 9.5 Bio-Bio, Chile Valdivia Earthquake 1960-05-22
2. 9.2 Southern Alaska 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake, Prince William Sound Earthquake, Good Friday Earthquake 1964-03-28
3. 9.1 Off the West Coast of Northern Sumatra Sumatra-Andaman Islands Earthquake, 2004 Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami, Indian Ocean Earthquake
4. 9.1 Near the East Coast of Honshu, Japan Tohoku Earthquake
5. 9.0 Off the East Coast of the Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia Kamchatka, Russia 1952-11-04
6. 8.8 Offshore Bio-Bio, Chile Maule Earthquake
7. 8.8 Near the Coast of Ecuador 1906 Ecuador–Colombia Earthquake 1906-01-31
8. 8.7 Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska Rat Islands Earthquake 1965-02-04
9. 8.6 Eastern Xizang-India border region Assam, Tibet 1950-08-15
10. 8.6 off the West Coast of Northern Sumatra 2012-04-11
11. 8.6 Northern Sumatra, Indonesia Nias Earthquake 2005-03-28
12. 8.6 Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska 1957-03-09
13. 8.6 South of Alaska Unimak Island Earthquake, Alaska 1946-04-01
14. 8.5 Banda Sea 1938-02-01
15. 8.5 Atacama, Chile Chile-Argentina Border 1922-11-11
16. 8.5 Kuril Islands 1963-10-13
17. 8.4 Near the East Coast of Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia Kamchatka, Russia 1923-02-03
18. 8.4 Southern Sumatra, Indonesia 2007-09-12
19. 8.4 Near the Coast of Southern Peru Arequipa, Peru Earthquake 2001-06-23
20. 8.4 Off the East Coast of Honshu, Japan Sanriku, Japan 1933-03-02